Tuesday 29 October 2013

Crossfit log for Tuesday, October 29th

I've felt like a sloth lately.  Missed quite a few workouts, travel over the weekend. Nutrition hasn't been the best and Kiza out of town again (for the last time thank goodness), I was really glad to get to the Y today at lunch.

I've been watching the scoreboards and videos from Physics so try an glean what they've been up to, to help me decide what to do and thanks to Adam (from Crossfit, not Adam from the Y), and  tiny note on one of the scoreboards from last week I had a plan.

I would start with cleans from the hang.  Adam recently PR'd at a whopping 245lbs after 2 failed attempts. So that would be my first task.  Then I noticed the competitive group did a squat workout 4 sets of 2 front squats + 4 back squats. That would be part 2.

I slowly worked up to 165# at 175#, which my last 3 attempts at this weight failed, I got it, but barely.  Didn't catch it solidly, but was able to recover in the front squat and get it up.

Debated trying again to get a good one at 175# but threw caution to the wind and tried for 180#, more than I've ever cleaned, from the hang or from the ground; to power or squat. But I knew I could do it.

I pulled hard, I got under it, but again, not solid, and too far forward.  Couldn't recover it like the 175# so I bailed. But I had it, I just had to commit to getting under it.

I walk away, got a drink of water and came back ready to nail it.  Boom. It was a thing of beauty.  I got under really fast, way faster than I ever have before. It was solid.  I couldn't believe it.

New hang clean PR by 15lbs and 5lbs more than my best clean.

Then I banged out the squats, did 1 set at 175#, 185#, 205# and called it quits, my back was a bit achy and I'd done enough for one day.

Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment