Monday 14 October 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, October 14th

Thanksgiving Monday.

The gym is closed, but thankfully I have this fancy home gym set up.

Monday's are usually cleans so I revisited a clean workout from a little while ago.

12 minute to max weight of 1 power clean, 1 hang clean.

So power clean from the floor catching above parallel and a full squat clean but starting from the hang position.

I have more trouble with the hang clean than the power.  I need to commit to getting under the bar.  I struggled with the hang clean at 155#,  tried a second time and got it.

At 165# I nailed the power clean and committed to getting under the bar for the hang and nailed it first try.

Much like last time, I power cleaned the 175# (confirmed my PR) and didn't come close to hang cleaning it. (this is also my current best full clean).

Then I switched to back squats for 2 reps, warmed up with 135#, 185# and 205#, then got serious at 215#, 225# and finally put everything I have on the bar: 240#


Stuck a bit coming up, but I got it.  Happy with that, since my 1 rep max is 245#.





No comments:

Post a Comment