Thursday 17 October 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 17th

So yesterday I took the day off after giving blood at lunch on Tuesday.  Kiza went in the evening and they did a rough "Hero" WOD called DT (12 dead lifts, 9 power cleans from the hang and 6 jerks, for 5 rounds).

I kinda laughed at her for going through that, when I took the easy way out.

When I saw this morning's workout, I really wished I had gone yesterday instead.

Sadly for Kiza, she's scheduled to go tonight too.  Poor her.

Started with back squats, work up to 5 rep max.   Warmed up with empty bar, 95#, 135# and 185#.  Got serious at 205# and maxed out at 225#. 

No issues.  Depth was good. No discomfort in my glutes or back.  Good solid work.

The WOD, was ridiculous.

- 500m row
followed by
- 3 rounds of 21-15-9: wall balls 14# and pull ups.
followed by
- 3 rounds of 15-9-6: burpee box jumps 24" and 1 arm kettle bell front squats 24kg
followed by
- 3 rounds of 9-6-3: clean and jerk 95# and  27-18-9 air squats
(if you could do pistols it was 9-6-3 as well but I can't so triple the air squats).

Brutal. 

Row went well (1:55).
Wall balls weren't too bad with the 14# med ball, but with the blood donation, I was winded on the pull ups, couldn't do them unbroken except the last round of 9.
Burpee box jumps are just stupid. Took forever.
The front squats with the kettle bell were interesting, required a lot of lateral core stability which we aren't used to. The worst part was cleaning the kettle bell into position.
By the time got to the clean and jerks, there was little left.  The air squats seemed like a break at that point.

Finished in 27:22. 

No comments:

Post a Comment