Monday 21 October 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, October 21st

Well more like Olypmic lifting log.  Went to Olympic lifting class this evening, Kiza took my spot at this morning's class. She likes the Crossfit more than the lifting and I'm good either way, so it worked out.

Tough workout.

Started with a Front Squat / Strict Press combo  1 warm up (empty bar) 2 light working sets 95#

Then the real work started
4 sets of
1 front squat + 1 push press + 1 split jerk   times 3
increasing weight each set. Did 115#, 125#, 135#, 135#

Then the goal of the workout
3 sets of 1 front squat 2 split jerks at 80% of max.   Did 155#, 165#, 165#

Third set was ugly.

Then we did some power work with straps doing 4 sets of 6 power snatch from the hang (60-65% of max snatch).  Very tiring, explosive work.  I did 75#.  It was enough.


And finally we did 4 sets of 10 back squats, starting at the power snatch weight working up to more than max snatch weight.

Since my snatch is disproportionately weaker than my clean and jerk we used my partner Marks weight.  Started at 105#, then 135#, 145# and because we couldn't find 10lbs plates, we used the 15s and did 165# for our final set.  No biggie, we both had no problem at that weight.

But now I'm beat.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment