Thursday 3 October 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 3rd

More heavy squats today. Took me a long time to shake the cobwebs out.

Started with clean and jerk.  3 sets of the following complex:
1 power clean, 1 squat clean, 1 push jerk, 1 split jerk.

Worked up to 145#.  Seems like everyone else was doing like 185# or more!  I can I failed the split jerk on my first set, second set was better, but I decided to count my last warm up set at 115# as a working set and moved on to the squats.

This went much better,  worked up to 195#, as much or more than the other guys so I saved face a bit, not that it matters, I actually felt I could have done 205#, but my right glute is still bugging me and I knew we had wall balls in the WOD.  (finally booked an appointment with my physio for tomorrow).

Time was getting tight, so once again, I decided to use the last warm up set at 175# as a working set.

WOD was 4min AMRAP + 2min rest + 6 min AMRAP (start at beginning after 2min rest).

- 4 burpees
- 6 box jumps  24" box
- 8 wall balls 20# medicine ball
- 10 kettle bell swings 20kg kettle bell.

First part I did 2 full rounds + burpees and 2 box jumps = 62 reps
Second part I did 3 full rounds + 1 burpees = 75 reps
for a total of 137 reps.

Not great, but not to shabby.




No comments:

Post a Comment