Thursday 10 October 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 10th

With Kiza away I wasn't able to get to Physics Crossfit at all this week. Well until this morning.

I've done a lot of mobility work and strength work at the Y.  I was even able to get a WOD in on Tuesday (wall balls and double unders), but it's not the same.

The comfort level and the intensity at my box is always greater than anywhere else.

So this morning, I was finally able to go.  It was nice to be back.

Strength was 3 sets of 3 heavy squat cleans.  Aaron and I worked up to 155# for 3 sets.

Then 3 sets of heavy dead lifts with a grip width between clean and snatch, did 205#, 225#, 255#

We did hook grip, where you wrap your two first fingers over your thumb to form a vice, but man it was really hard on the thumbs!

The WOD was a long affair with a 15 minute cap:

50 double unders
40 knees to elbows
30 push ups
20 dumbbell snatches  35#
40 alternating lunges with the axle bar in the front rack position, at 90#.

Finished just under the wire at 14:45.

You know the lunges are bad when in you mind you are wishing they were burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment