Monday 10 September 2012

PEC half marathon training log for Sunday, September 9th

Thoroughly unenjoyable run late yesterday evening.

Did my obligatory 10km yesterday in 50:17.
Had 12-15km on the schedule.
Didn't get up early to go before Kiza went to run the race course downtown.
Didn't go run when Kiza got home at noon.
Didn't go run when I got back from errands at 3:00.
No, instead I sat in bed at 7:30 after the kids were down and tried to reason my way out of running altogether.

If I run today, I wouldn't go to Crossfit in the morning.

(M)e - I could get up early and run in the morning instead of going to Crossfit.
My (C)onscience - Who are you kidding, that won't happen.
(M) - I could just skip this run, go to Crossfit, then I could take the garbage out in the morning.
(C) -Great way to start a training schedule, skip the first long run.
(M) - How about I run tomorrow evening?
(C) - The point was to run back to back days, plus Tuesday is speed work, you don't want a long run in your legs from the previous day.
(M) -There has to be a solution that doesn't involve me going out on this chilly evening.
(C) -Yeah, there was, if you'd gone earlier in the day you moron.
(M) - Do I have to do this?
(C) -Just go already.
(M) -Fine.

Took me until almost 5km to feel comfortable. After that is wasn't so bad. I did the bare minimum. 12.42km @ around a 5:30/km pace. Took the garbage out when I got home.

At least it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment