Tuesday 11 September 2012

Crossfit log for Tuesday, September 11th

Worked on split jerk today, but instead of racked in a front squat position, the bar was across our backs like the start of a back squat, and we just did the dip and drive into a split squat. This way is supposed to provide a straighter vertical motion that the front rack often compromises in beginners.

Did okay. I've made lots of progress in my should mobility, but I still a ways to go and this kind of work really makes it apparent.

The WOD was rough.
4 x 3min rounds on 1 min rest
- 2 handstand push ups (or 6 hand release push ups) I opted for the handstand variety
-10 kettle bell snatches 16kg (5 each arm)
-12 ball slams 16lbs ball

Did 2 full rounds the first 3:00, then made it to 8 ball slams of the 4th round on the second, then I was only halfway the kettle bells of round 6 by the third and finished round 7 and just started the handstand push ups for round 8 when the timer rang.

So score was 7 + 1. Would've been faster with regular push ups, but I liked the challenge of the hand stand ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment