Tuesday 4 September 2012

PEC / Crossfit training log for Tuesday, September 4th

Ran yesterday. 19km. Felt really good. Tried really hard to keep the pace slow, and managed 5:50/km average.

Glad to be essentially be "half marathon ready" with a few weeks to go before PEC. I'll need to look at a Goofy training schedule to figure out when to start building the serious mileage.

Crossfit today:
Strength, back squat 2 rep max.
Managed 2 @ 185# without problem (I had done 3 reps at that weight in the past). My 1 rep max was 205#, so tried that. I was good for one, but not the second. (Likely could've done 195#)

WOD was called Modified "Seven" (I have no idea what an unmodified "Seven" is).
4 rounds for time (12 minute cap)
7 hand release push ups
7 thrusters 95#
7 knees to elbow
7 power cleans 95#
7 burpees
7 kettle bell swings 24kg
7 pull ups

Didn't quite make 3 rounds, 2 + 2 burpees, thrusters were the limiter again.

1 comment: