Thursday 16 June 2016

Crossfit log for Thursday, June 16th

Not my  favourite workout but progress has been made.

Strength was backsquats  3 reps EMOM for 8 minutes.   Speed out of the bottom. Suggested weight was 70% (205#), but I was working with Kamil and at 185#, I wasn't feeling very speedy.  So I stayed there.  Also we squatted onto a med ball, which was new for me.  Worked well. 

Next was front squats vs RDLs,  three sets of 8 alternating, 1:00 rest between. Adding weight each round.  Again working with Kamil, I let him set the weights, for the squats we did 115#, 125#, 135#.  For the RDLs we did 135#, 155#, 185#.

Worked well and didn't kill my legs completely.  My back rounds on my RDLs,  I tried to tap the ground on the last set, which I was able to , and it felt like my back was straight, but coach Nikki pointed out that it wasn't.  Not even close.

Need to work on those hammies.

The WOD was a suck-fest, but also good.

For time: 21-18-15-8-9 of:
- kettle bell Russian swings (to eye level)  32kg/24kg
- box jumps  24"/20"

after each round 50' walking overhead lunges with plate.  (45#/35#)

Did women's Rx.   24kg kettle bell, 20" box for the first round then 24" for the rest, and 35# plate.

Kettle bell was fine,  box jumps were shaky the first round after the squats and RDLs, so I flipped it to 20".  The next round I felt better, so I tried again at 24" and it was fine.

The lunges sucked, BUT, I was almost completely locked out overhead, above my centre of mass.  It wasn't perfect, but it was better position than I have ever achieved in an over head lunge.  So progress!

15 minutes ish.  Didn't look at the clock when I finished, too wiped!

No comments:

Post a Comment