Monday 20 June 2016

Crossfit log for Monday, June 20th

Summer solstice.

Somehow got out of bed and made it to the box.

Started with a 1 rep max deadlift. 

Was eager to try this using the new technique from www.strongfit.com, of interanally rotating the femur on the deadlift, forcing the obliques to engage like you would a deadlift with a stone or a sandbag.


315# went up nicely, no discomfort in my lower back.  Jumped to 335#, got if off the floor but chickened out.  I've neglected deadlift work lately.  I'll build it more gradually in my next strength cycle, once my thoracic mobility is dealt with (or nearly dealt with).

Then we did some front rack barbell step ups.  Left leg is way stronger than right.  I'm liking these unilateral movements, really helps identify weaknesses.

Coupled that with Good mornings, also done with internal rotation of the femur, and went well.

The WOD was not fun.

For time:
Wall balls         50-40-30-20-10
Double unders 10-20-30-40-50  (unbroken)

Started hurting after round 1.

Took 2 tired to get to 10 DU, after 3 tries to get 20 on round 2 I gave up trying to go unbroken on the DUs

13:18    I think.  I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment