Friday 3 June 2016

Crossfit log for Friday, June 3rd

So, new rule, if Frank is coaching the 5:30am class, stay in bed.

Man that sucked.

He's a slave driver, that man.

Warm was a no nonsense affair.  3 rounds of row 200m, 10 ab rollers, 15 ball slams. 

Strength work was 9 sets of 3 speed bench press alternating narrow, medium and wide grip. 75% of max every 45 seconds.  So every 45 seconds do 3 reps, 1st set narrow grip, 2nd set medium grip, 3rd set wide grip, repeat 2 more times.

My max was too long ago, so I settled on 155# but dropped to 145# almost immediately. 

Followed that up with dumbbell press and dumbbell rows. 
Press 12-12-10-8
Row 10-10-8-8

35# was too much for press, did the last set with Joée's 25# dumbbells.  I can lock out nicely now with a barbell, because I can pull it apart for better position, but with dumbbells, I can't, locked out arms are way in front of center of mass.

Just when I think I'm fixed, I find I still have a ton of work to do.

70# was good for my left arm on the rows, but I struggled on the right at that weight.

The WOD was not fun either

10 rounds for time (yup, 10)  thankfully with a 15:00 cap
- 5 hspu
- 7 pull ups
- 9 front squats 115#/75#

Started with 3 hspu, that lasted 2 rounds, got an abmat for another round, then resorted to 5 regular push ups.  Fuck my overhead sucks.

Front squats sucked too,  even at 95#.  Should've done women's Rx. 

Ran out of time at 7 rounds plus 7 reps.

Meh, it's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment