Monday 2 November 2015

Crossfit at the Y log for Monday, November 2nd

With Kiza out of town yet again, no morning Crossfit for me.  Alas, it is retest week for the last week of September's test workouts, so I had to go full Crossfit at the Y.

So today was a repeat of September 24th WOD but with different strength work.

Last time we did push press for 1 rep max.  This time was 3 rep max front squat.

I managed 245# without problem, but then jumped to 265# and after 2 reps I was done, the second rep was a real struggle, even though the first one was up and down quite easily. 



Once again, the WOD was horrible.

1000m row - all out.  did 3:44  3 seconds faster than last time
Rest 5 minutes
Resume WOD at 8:44
3 rounds for time of
- 15 lateral burpees over bar
- 25 wall balls.  20# ball. Except the only med ball at the Y is 15#




Even with the lighter med ball, I took 33 seconds longer, might have been closer but once I realized I wasn't going to beat my time, I lost my motivation.

Finished in 21:39.  I blame the front squats.  I wish he'd paired it with similar strength work.  Oh well.   Done.  At least I was close.


No comments:

Post a Comment