Thursday 26 November 2015

Strength log for Thursday, November 26th

Needed to get to the Y

Presses, deadlifts and bench this morning, plus squats tomorrow left little to work on.

I suppose I could have done accessory work, but I wanted to lift.

So I did some overhead squats.  Wanted to test out the overhead stability after yesterday's physio treatment and I wanted to squat without going really heavy.

Did some lifts with the empty bar, 95#, 115# and 135# which was decisive and unhesitating, unlike last time, so the treatment worked.

I was able to stabilize 155# overhead without issue, but I couldn't get into the bottom position. I lost it forward. Tried one more time and no dice.

Did a couple of sets of 4 front squats to make up for it.  1 set at 185# and 1 at 225#. 

Then I did my breathing drill the physio gave me yesterday, called "All fours breathing". Sucks.  But should help with my thoracic mobility and posture and hopefully eventually with my overhead position.

Took a bit a of a steam and then headed back to work.

Nice to get a good day's work in for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment