Thursday 19 November 2015

Crossfit log for Wednesday, November 18th at ByTown

Training off site for work going stir crazy without opportunity to workout, and discovered that Crossfit ByTown is just over 1km away from the training facility.

On Tuesday, I went there at lunch and introduced myself and asked about drop ins.  Everett, know Frank and Isabelle (the local Crossfit community is quite friendly).  He told me to use the free class option since I was just passing by. 

Very cool of him. So I signed up that night and brought my gear. 

Took off about 5 minutes before class broke for lunch and ran to the box.

Thankfully it was a short workout.  Unfortunately is was a short workout.

Man that was tough.  Started with some targeted mobility work and then an 8 minute EMOM of 8 thrusters.  Rx was 95#/65# so I split the difference at 75# (could've done 85#, but didn't want to risk over doing it while representing Physics).

The WOD was called Mission Impossible.  Yikes.

For time:
- row 2000m/1400m
- EMOM death by burpees.

So start rowing (I opted for 1400m) at minute 1, get off and do 1 burpee, resume rowing, minute 2 do 2 burpees, and so on, until you can't get back on the rower before the minute is up.

I managed 1054m, and 7 burpees, so 8 minutes of work.  Man burpees suck.

The run back was much harder than the run there.

My back is still tight.  It was a risk going there, but I really need to do something. I've registered for Friday, but I'll bail if my back is too troublesome.  Hope I'll be fine, I need my fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment