Friday 6 November 2015

Strength log for Thursday, November 5th

I had a small window of opportunity while the kids were in swimming lessons at the Y yesterday evening, so I took it.  I grabbed my lifting bag as I left the house and once the kids were safely on deck I hustled up stairs and got my knee sleeves and lifting shoes on for a quick heavy back squat session.

Worked up quickly.  Empty bar for a few, 135#, 185#, 225#, jumped to 275# then 295#.

It all felt really good.  So I put on 305# which I've done only once lately, and it went up without pause. 

I was running low on time and I don't like dropping at this Y, the plates aren't really bumpers, they are coated but not rubber.  So I called it quits there and did a set of dumbbell rows, 8 reps at 65# each arm then 5 reps at 100# each arm.

Then I headed to the pool to collect the kids.  Felt good to lift heavy. 

I feel very fortunate that I can lift so heavy; and I'm still improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment