Wednesday 21 January 2015

Strength log for Wednesday, January 21st

I've decided that this will be my last strength development cycle.   Since I have had no consistency since before Christmas, I'm starting over following a hybrid program.

I'll go the 5x5 @ 75%, 3x5 @ 80%, 5x3 @ 85%, 3x3 @ 90% and 1x3 or 3x1 @ 95%, followed by retest of 1 rep max, but I will work up to a heavy single as the warm up, at least for the three or four first weeks.

Did that today for strict press, went a bit light in fact, rounded down 105# from 108#, which is 75% of my 1 rep max record.

Looking back at my logs, I haven't had successful progress on the strict press since early November.  This is going to be hard work.

I worked up to a single at 135#, which I failed last time I tried on Dec 17th.

Then I peeled off for 5 sets of 5 at 105#.  Last set was rough.  Good choice.  I will be sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment