Wednesday 17 April 2013

Crossfit log for Wednesday, April 17th

Team WOD again, looks like WOD Wednesdays are now Team WOD Wednesdays.

One thing about team WODs, even more than regular ones, you work harder. You may get built in rest, while you partner is working but not only are you pushing yourself because you know the person next to you is giving their all and you'll feel like a sandbagger otherwise, now that person's score is directly impacted by your performance.

Partnered with Kamil today, we are fairly evenly matched, he's stronger in somethings, I in others. We are both good rope climbers, and box jumpers, he's better at power cleans and it turns out I'm a bit stronger at burpees.

3 rounds for time (1 team member works at a time) 18:00 cap
4 rope climbs
30 plate burpees (alternating)
20 power cleans 115#
2 rope climbs
20 box jumps

Dividing the work is strategic. Only the burpees were specified as one each. The first set of rope climbs we did 2 and 2, just faster that way and we are both good climbers. I was worried about the cleans, he wanted 10 and 10, I wanted 5, 5, 5, 5, but 10s would be faster so I went with it. Second set of climbs no-brainer, 1 each then box jumps, 10 and 10 was best, since we had no problem and it maximized rest before starting the next round.

First round went well, followed the plan, we were below the 6:00/round we'd need to finish in time. We had to wait for a rope before starting the second round, maybe 10-15 seconds (frustrating but valuable rest time). I was very happy when Kamil passed off to me after 5 cleans. I managed the 10 in the first round, but 5 was way more manageable especially when fatigued. I was dropping the weight after 3 where he was chaining all 5 unbroken.

Third round same a second, Kamil started to fade on the burpees, but I didn't and that forced him to keep pace, it was good to know I was making him work just as much as he was making me.

Finished with 2:17 left on the clock, so 15:42. It was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment