Wednesday 10 April 2013

Crossfit log for Wednesday, April 10th

Killer WOD today. Two Hero WODs combined, but thankfully in teams of two. Share the load.

5 rounds 20min cap
10 cleans 115#
18 pull ups
18 dumbbell hang squat cleans with 30# dumbbells.
10 handstand push ups
10 toes through rings/knees to chest on rings
5 handstand push ups
15 medicine ball cleans 14#

Teamed up with Pat, a much stronger guy than me, but not stronger in everything apparently. He went first. The cleans for him were an snap, where I had to work much harder and take a bit more time to setup. The pull ups he did fine. I have a really strong kip and breezed through my 9. He seemed to struggle with the squat cleans, but I hammered them out. Hand stand push ups we each did our five and kept going. He couldn't get his toes to the rings so he did knees to chest. I had no problem, so did toes through rings. Next batch of hand stand push ups, he did 3 and I did 2, then we did the easy part, the med ball cleans. Yet he still seems to struggle.

Second round got rough, he really struggled with the squat cleans. Too late it occurred to me to break them up more in 5, 5, 4, 4 instead of 9 each. We did that for the hand stand push ups, 3, 3, 2, 2. Round three was worse, at least we broke things up better, but I was flying through the dumb bell cleans and shockingly the hand stand push ups too. He struggled through his 3, then I hammered out 6, leaving 1, he wanted to do it, I was like go for it, but that put me in starting position, so I did 9 of the 15 med ball cleans.

Took my time with the barbell, since it was still heavy and Pat could use the rest. Did my pull ups, and here he took a lot of time to get started, but once started did all 9 unbroken. I did my 9 dumbbell cleans, starting to struggle on the last two, then he started his, struggling through 3 reps before the bell rang.

So I felt pretty good about myself after that. Especially on the hand stand push ups. I surprised myself there.

Anyway, 3 rounds + 40 reps in 20:00. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment