Monday 22 April 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, April 22nd

Today we did power cleans

3 sets of 4 (1 from the floor, 2 from the hang, 1 from the floor) fast as you can, at 65-70% of max. My max is 155# but I went with 115# and was fine.

After that we did 4 sets of 5 reps of 1 and 1/4 back squats, where you bottom out but on come up partially (above parallel or 1/4 of the way) then back down to the bottom then all the way back up for 1 rep, at 55% of 1 rep max. I think my max is more than my recorded 205# (since I did a 200# front squat last week and back squat is usually quite a bit more than front squat).

Not sure my math was very good, I ended up doing 155# and felt fine.

The WOD as harder than it looked.
12 min EMOM alternating
odd minutes 10 toes to bar
even minutes 5 dead lifts at 60-65% of 1RM (my dead lift is 265#, so went with 145#)

First round was easy peasy, even managed to string 8 T2B before I had to reset for the last 2. Dead lift were hard, but manageable. Second round (minute 3 and 4) got rough. 3 or 4 T2B at at time, dropped off the bar to reset, too much longer, so less break. Dead lifts were the same. Minute 5 switched to knees to elbows. Last round of K2E took forever, but then I took extra break in the last minute since I had the whole minute to do the last 5 dead lifts.

It was good. Felt good on the squats and dead lifts despite my sore back.

No comments:

Post a Comment