Thursday 18 April 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, April 18th

I must be doing something right.

Although I didn't stay for the WOD, I hit a new PR during strength work: 1 rep max front squat.

My previous PR was 175# and last March 18th I did that for 3 reps so I knew I had more in me. Although my back is still tight, I wasn't sure what I would muster. Working with Kamil again today we jumped from 155# to 185#, Kamil's previous PR. Up down, no problem. nice straight back (according to Kamil) no butt wink at the bottom, but I'm just breaking parallel, I should be going deeper, but it's good enough.

195# same deal, up down. 200#, tried to go deeper and had to struggle to stay straight but pushed all the way through. Be both called it quits at such a nice round number.

New PR front squat: 200lbs.

Followed that up with 2 sets of 8 back squats at 185#.

Deadlift in the WOD were a no go for my back (which didn't hurt at all during the squats) and since Delilah had a horrible night and Kiza wasn't a happy camper I decided to head home.

I had my halo already anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment