Tuesday 23 April 2013

Crossfit log for Tuesday, April 23rd


Oh boy my arms will be sore tomorrow.

Strength part 1 was push press for a 3 rep max. My 1 RM is 155# (but it was a fight to lock it out), I started at 135# (after a warm up) and it wasn't easy, but I did it. Then decided to try 140#, same deal, struggled but got it. So why not, tried 145#, no go. Maybe if I'd waited longer before attempting, but it wasn't happening, so I was done.

Second part of Strength, the optional part, was a C&J complex. Clean, Front Squat, push jerk, 2 split jerks @ 70% of 1 rep max (so 70% of 160# is 112#, did 115#). Wasn't too bad, push press wasn't pretty, tried to engage my lower back and had some success.

WOD was a modified "Cindy"
20 min AMRAP of
5 pull ups
10 push ups
10 air squats (normally 15 squats, but after the strength work, they opted to give us a bit of a break).

We had the option of doing EMOM until we couldn't finish within the minute then continuing AMRAP for the rest. I made 8 rounds before the push ups took too long. In the last 12 minutes I made 7 more rounds plus 12 reps.

Push ups still my limiter on this one. Pull ups and air squats I maybe lost a few seconds from round 1 to round 8, but push ups just kept getting slower and slower. I tried breaking them up 5 and 5, or 4, 3 and 3. Even 4, 3, 2, 1. but after about round 5 (so 50 push ups into it) I was struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment