Monday 18 March 2013

What will it take?

I can't figure out why it's so hard to blog regularly.  I post in my training log daily, I could just as easily put that content here.

I think it would be pretty dry though, and maybe that's the problem.  When I stare at this blank screen I want to fill it with "marvellous" words. (and now I've just realized that the title of my blog has a mistake in it)!  Or I have so much to say that I know I won't have time to put it all in, or the post would be way too long.

So rather than try to post about everything, I'll make a list, then blog about each one over the next little while. Maybe that will keep me posting!

So here we go.

Status of my eye surgery - the short of it is: no update, going back to Dr. Delperro April 4th)

Physio therapy - this is a new one, worthy of it's own post.

The House - I should really be posting daily on this one as we approach the deadline and so much has been done.

Strep Throat - Four infections in the last five month, eight in the last fifteen months.  Is a tonsillectomy in my future? Stay tuned!

Kids - they grow, and learn, and surprise you all the time with the stuff they come up with.  Need more posts about them.

So now that that's out of the way, I have no excuses!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. I initially figured I'd be posting my training, recipes, reflections on my active life in general with links to insightful articles.... but now I've kept my blog alive simply to post race reports for people that don't read Runningmania. I'm not sure what I will do now...
    Is blogging still common?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry sometimes that Runningmania could disappear and all my logs with it. If there were an easy way to export a message board thread to a document I'd do that just to have a back up. I started doing that with my race reports; saving them as google docs. But now I'm in worse shape, they are scattered all over the place, some here, some on google, at least all of them or on RM.

      I'd probably just post everything on Facebook if it wasn't so bloody hard to find anything more than a few days old.

      Hopefully, I'll find the right balance at some point.

      Delete
    2. Recipes is a good idea too, Kiza and I have been trying to think of a way to make them easily accessible on the Galaxy Tab, which we want to mount in the kitchen for quick access to recipes.

      Delete