Wednesday 20 March 2013

Home for Easter

No, I'm not going to visit my parents for the long weekend.

A little over ten months since our house fire that destroyed our kitchen and smoke damaged the entire rest of the house, we will be moving back home.

I'd kind of put the thought out of my mind, but now that it's happening, now that it's real, it is almost overpowering on an emotional level.

Once that's ride comes to an end the realization of the logistical nightmare that awaits us sinks in.  Thankfully Kiza is a master logistician (is that a word?).  I'll bet the hotel is already booked, a mental list of all the suitcases, accounting for worst case scenarios with at least two variations have been formulated. Meal plans started, if not finished and a working list of items we'll just bring ourselves tabulated.

That's my gal.

We do have to deal with utilities.  Heating and electricity is already on.  I need to cancel the accounts at the rental place.  I also need to arrange for phone and internet service to be relocated.

Breathe.

The house looks fantastic.  Naturally there are a few snags, but nothing monumental. The kitchen is wonderful, the modified layout of the living room will take some getting used to.

The colors are so vibrant. We should have painted the house years ago.  Well there's a ton of things we should have done over the year, but now they're all done!  My to do list has all but disappeared!

The magnitude of this undertaking really hasn't sunk in.  I'm more of a 'take things as they come' kind of guy, so it'll work itself out, but poor Kiza will be stressed out beyond belief.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment