Friday 2 November 2012

Shoe shopping.

So the shoe gods smiled at me on Wednesday. After discovering that Asics made lifting shoes I had a really hard time finding any in Canada, and the USA won't export here anymore. So I called Asics Canada (since they have no Canadian web presence) and found the Sports Experts at Bayshore and At Rideau had some. I called both asking if they had any in size 11 or 11.5

Rideau had them at $89 but only in size 12. Bayshore had an 11.5 and a 12 but on for $109. I knew the 12 wouldn't fit, but I put them on hold at both places just in case. That evening I met Nat Connors, a fellow Crossfitter on the bus on the way home and talked about lifting shoes. She informed that I should be looking for a half-size smaller, because you don't want any wiggle room. Crap.

I didn't even bother going to Rideau. I took a lunch time trip to Bayshore. (okay side rant, how is it possible that there is no direct bus route from Downtown to one of the biggest Malls in the city. Place d'Orleans, St-Laurent, South Keys all on major expressways, Bayshore? Milk runs. Good grief!)

I tried the 11.5 and they fit, but not snug at all. Bummer. "And you have nothing in 11?", after a quick trip to the back room the saleslady said the next size I have is only 10 1/2.  Bring those out please! I normally wear 11, so 10.5 might just work. As I'm trying them on I mention that the Rideau location has them on for $89, to which she replies, I just call them up and if they are, we'll price match them for sure! Sweet. I finish lacing them up and they fit perfectly.

I thanked the shoe gods and began the "amazing race" back to the office.

Now, apparently there is a price to be paid when the shoe gods grace you with favour. Thursday I didn't go to Crossfit, (Kiza did and they did clean and jerks) and when I went this morning, there was no strength work, so I have had these awesome weightlifting shoes for 2 whole days and not one opportunity to use them, with no prospects until Monday!!!!!

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment