Monday 19 November 2012

Crossfit log for Monday, November 19th

Back squats: 4 sets of 8

Did 95#-115#-135#-135# and then 2 reps at 185#

The WOD was a 21-15-9 triplet:
Box jumps 24" box
Kettle bell swings, 20kg
Over head squats 75#

I decided to use my lifting shoes, I could manage the box jumps in them, but they'd be huge on the overhead squats.

I did 3 squats with the 75# bar, but it was just too hard. You really have to lock out your arms and really really engage you traps to pull you shoulder blades together to stabilize the weight overhead. I dropped it to 65# and did a couple more, but it still wasn't happening. So empty bar it was. But I was doing them. It was hard, but I did 45 over head squats. Some weren't pretty, but better than ever before.

One of my 2012 goals was a good overhead squat. I feel that I accomplished that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment