Sunday 4 November 2012

Goofy Training log for Sunday, November 4th

Yesterday's 13km went well but today's 26 km not so much. Took 45 minutes to find kind of groove and it did last long enough. Bailed at 21 km. Terrain was too hilly for what I had in the tank.

Still a step in the right direction. Next weekend well be better.

I'm sure it's due to a number of factors. I haven't gone over 22km in a long time. Even though I've done 10km/20km weekends as recently as a month ago, I haven't done much since the race. For some reason I thought I would be able to just jump back into the Goofy training schedule immediately.

Plus Friday's WOD left my feet sore from the sudden starting and stopping of the shuttle runs, and my glutes and quads sore from the snatches and walking lunges.

I also probably went a bit too hard on the Saturday 12km run.

I'm reducing my Crossfit load this week to Mon/Wed/Fri, with short runs on Tues and Thurs., I'm sure next weekend will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment