Wednesday 14 November 2012

Guest Crossfit log for Wednesday, November 14th

Kiza wrote:I'm using James's journal to brag about my workout last night!
As I left the house, he said "unbroken!" I wasn't sure what he meant.

Strength work was 3x3 heavy push jerks from the rack (not the floor) : (go to about 45 seconds in, and mute your volume - guy's voice is annoying).

I managed to do 85 lbs which is by far my highest weight for a push jerk!

The WOD was 4 rounds of:

10 wall balls(Rx women - 14lbs, blue was lighter, green was light) (about 1:34 into video)
15 push press- UNBROKEN (blue was 55 lbs - not sure what Rx was)
15 push ups (red was 20) (video to show the hand release)

So, the unbroken part meant that once you pick up the bar, you can't put it down, or, it doesn't count. Holy crap. It was hard....

....but, I did BLUE! It's the first time I was able to do a full workout in the blue category.

I think it was a breakthrough workout for me - in that I felt strong and that I belonged there.

oh, time was 13:57 or something like that.

We were in partners, so, if your partner was still using the push press bar, you had to wait - which was probably a good thing, since once you picked up the bar, you had to get the 15 push presses in without putting down the bar!


I'm so proud of you. You are strong.

Oh and the annoying voice is only MIKE BURGNER, they guy who basically wrote the book on Olympic lifting for Crossfit. If you ever do the Burgner warm up, he invented it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment