Thursday 16 August 2012

Crossfit log for Thursday, August 16th

Back squats 3x8reps, did 135#, 155#, 165# last set was tough. Still sore I guess.

It was a staggered start because there are only 3 rowers and the WOD started with an 800m row.

Row 800m
4 rounds for time
- 10 thrusters 95#
- 10 kettle bell swings 20kg

When I put down my bar for the WOD I felt a pull in an aductor in my right leg, felt really tight despite being warmed up and post squats (during which I felt no discomfort, well not there anyway). Felt like I was inches away from an injury. I was particularly worried about doing the thrusters. Planned to bail on the WOD.

Rolled around on a lacrosse ball while the two first waves started. Decided to try the row and see how it went. It wasn't an issue. One of the girls from the first wave had finished just as I got off the rower so I figured I'd try with her 65# bar, and grabbed a kettle bell and did my best, being cautious and ready to bail on the first sign of a problem.

No signs. Finished the WOD in 12:08 but with women's Rx on the bar. I'll take it. I'm glad I tried. I'll take a break tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment