Monday 20 August 2012

Crossfit log for Monday, August 20th

Friday I was unable to straighten my arms. Looked like a bad case of DOMS or an acute tendonitis in my bicep/forearm. I iced it and took Advil and it got progressively better. Today I was finally able to straighten my arms completely, with only mild discomfort in my left arm, right arm was normal.

Weird.

Did front squats for strength. I've done 175# before, but form wasn't great. Made it to 165# today without losing my back, bumped to 185#, but on the way down, I'd start to lose my back, so I bailed both attempts. That's fine.

The WOD was interesting.

Run 2km
20 Hang cleans (115#)
30 kettle bell swings (20kg)

Run was rough as I had to keep up with the young pup just out of high school guy (around 4:00/km), did the cleans in groups of 5, expect the last group was 2 then 3. Kettle bell was 3 sets of 10.

Took me 15:11 in all. Cleans really slowed me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment