Tuesday 16 August 2011

Crossfit log for Tuesday, August 16th

Reza's mini vacation continued today, so it was David, the owner who was on hand to torture us.

Like Robin (and unlike Reza) the warm-ups are a workout in themselves.

Normally the skills work is related to the workout, but the workout didn't include and skills-based movements, so we chose Cleans.

I'm starting to get it, my brain just has to process everything before my body will do it, but I'm getting there.

WOD was straight forward: 50 pull-ups.

But...
If you stop, you have to do 5 kettle bell swings and 5 burpees.

Started with the Green (thickest) band, but had the black (narrowest) installed in case I needed it. I took a page out of John Stanton's book and decided to do 10 at a time instead of going to failure before hitting the KB swings and burpees. I figured I would suffer less at the end that way.

Worked well enough, first 10 (=10)were okay, second 10 (=20) were hard to finish, third 10 ended at 5 (=25). So I made it halfway on the green band alone. Added the black band and that made a big difference, did 10 fairly easy (=35), again the second 10 (=45) was getting tough at the end, then just had 5 to do which was a snap. Part of me says I should've tortured myself and stuck with the green band only, but, meh, it's done.

Ran at lunch, 8.93km in 48:21

Hot in the sun. Nice in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment