Monday 19 September 2016

Crossfit and physio log for Monday, September 19th

Well I got some positive news at physio on Friday.   After mobilizing my upper thorax for a bit and doing a couple of drill I got my range to 45 degrees, only 5 to go to achieve "normal" range.

But the big motivator was that I shouldn't be using my workout time to do mobility work, I should be working out, and using the mobility work between sets to help the lifting.  Best to do work that requires thoracic mobility and use the drills to warm up and in between sets. 

That will help with my feelings of insufficient workouts.  Maybe I'll start my strength cycle now.   That would certainly make me feel better.

Today I took advantage of the dynamic stretching to do the piece I hate the moste, the inch worm, and co-opt it to to mobility work.

On of the drill Rob gave me was inch worm but with a rounded back and shoulders pressed forward.  Which I did today, and instead of the push up I just let my shoulders sag when I was in the plank and then pressed them out again before resuming.  Gave me a reason not to hate it so much.

Then we did 6 power snatch singles at 85% every 75 seconds.  I did 115# for the first two and wasn't landing them nicely, so I dropped to 105# and that was a lot better.   I need focus on consistent quality of my lifts, worry about weight later.

The WOD was horrible again. 

I thought it was 5 rounds but when I saw the 20 minute cap I knew something was off.  Looked again it was 10 rounds of:
- 10 cal row
- 15 push ups
- 15 sit ups

Should have scaled the push ups to 10, but whatever, everything else was good.

Finished round 7 with 5 seconds left.   That was a lot of push ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment