Wednesday 25 January 2012

Training plan for Around the Bay, in a nutshell.

My run plan is Monday and Friday Crossfit days run short intense intervals at lunch (either "Frog in boiling water" progression run or Tabata on one day and 1km repeats the other)

Wednesday Crossfit day run long after kids are in bed (or Run Club if I can swing it) 12-18km,

Weekend long run, flat for the beginning, hilly at the end with double loop of challenging hill 2km from home (specificity training). Currently at 16km building to 30km 3 weeks out.

Tuesdays, Thursdays and other Weekend day rest, if there is such a thing with a baby and a toddler at home (weekday rest days I'll do mobility work and stretching only).

It's a very different approach than what I'm used to but I like it, I feel strong on my runs and I don't feel as worn down as I have with high mileage plans (well not yet anyway)

We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment