Wednesday 18 January 2012

Running log for Wednesday, January 18th: Revenge of the wimps

Tuesday was supposed to be Crossfit in the morning (the Wednesday class was moved to Thursday and I didn't want to go the next morning after my scheduled long run on Wednesday evening), but became a rest day. I didn't even set foot in the gym, instead having a nice quiet lunch with Kiza and no kids. It was heavenly.

Today, was supposed to be workout at lunch, long run (10ish km) after the kids were in bed. But 3 of the Crossfit girls were running together (75min run) this morning instead of Crossfit. So I decided to join them, the distance was right and I'd get it over with and free up my evening. So up crazy early, dressed and out the door to run the 3km along their route towards their start point at a local Tim Horton's, expecting to cross paths with them at any moment.

Made it all the way to the Timmy's and no sign of them. Asked the Tim's staff if three ladies in running gear had been there: "No, sorry".  Well crap. I wasn't running in this crap alone, it was cold and dark and I hadn't even had a coffee yet. So I headed home. 6km total, 35min. Good enough.

I got home to a bunch of Facebook posts "It was too icy, wah wah wah... decided not to go", "Run cancelled", "I fell back alseep". Wimps. I expected one of them to cancel, but not all three.

Not sure what I'll do at lunch, but at least my evening is free, and I'll go to Crossfit in the morning relatively rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment