Monday 17 October 2011

Crossfit log for Monday, October 17th

On Friday, despite not feeling well enough to do the WOD, I still managed the strength portion:

Front Squats 3x3 @ 145# happy with that.

I didn't feel like crap til the first round of the WOD. But I should've known better, the warm-up had me winded!

My first DNF

I don't think there is a worse feeling in the world than sitting on the side lines while your crew does a hard WOD.

I was going try and go Saturday, but I felt even worse. Thankfully Kiza let me spend most of the day in bed.

Today we did Dead lifts for strength:
4 sets 12-10-8-6
95#-125#-145#-155#
Then Kamil and I decided to add 10# and do 4 reps at 165#. It was starting to get heavy but doable.
I made the mistake of telling Isabelle that I was sure I could go over 200#, naturally she said: "Do it". So I did 205#. It wasn't that hard.

I looked at my old logs and found I had done 235# in the past (back when I didn't really know what I was doing). Next time 265# for sure, maybe even try for 275#.

The WOD was 5 rounds for time:
-5 Push press (65#)
-20 kettle bell swings (12kg)
-10 pull-ups (kipping)
-10 ab mat sit-ups

I think I was 13:55. It was rough, not fully recovered from my cold, and those KB swings were brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment