Friday 7 October 2011

Crossfit log for Friday, October 7th

This morning we did "Jackie" which is row 1000m, 50 reps of 45lbs thrusters, and 30 pull-ups, for time.

But first we did the strength workout: 5 sets of 5 back squats. I settle on 135lbs, and did well. Last time I did 115lbs but it was 4 sets of 10 reps. The thing is, I'm strong enough to lift it no problem, I was even able to recover one that I had lost my balance, but when doing the proper technique I have trouble, hip and should and spine mobility are the issue. I expect as these weaknesses develop I'll be able to go much heavier fairly quickly.

My time for Jackie was 15:09

Thrusters were rougher than expected after the row. Couldn't get the pull-up going, so I resorted to the band for 8 of the first 12, alternating kipping and band, getting frustrated that I couldn't get the kip going, finally after 12 I got mad and did 7 kipping then quickly did 3 more, then 7 and finally had to get back on the bar for 1 last one.

Done. Halo in place.

Lunch, I'll do the core workout we didn't have time for this am and do some mobility stuff on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment