Sunday 19 June 2011

Two of Five - Doing it for Dads

Last time it was the realization on the car ride to the venue that struck me.

This time is was the pre-race dreams. Forgotten bib, shoes, can't find where the car is parked, the port-a-potty line is huge and the race is about to start!

Haven't had one of those in a long while.

I hydrated really well this time and did a proper warm up and things went a lot better. I was alone, which was good and bad. It was nice to only have to worry about myself, but it was sad to be with out my cheering section.

I saw Andrea and Dave Dazé and his daughter during my warm-up, as well as some Zone3ers. Lined up near the start line, as there were many many slow runners up near the front, I didn't want to get stuck behind them.

My splits slowed almost continuously throughout the race. The course is up and down out and back, with long undulating hills that aren't too steep, but seem to go on for a long time. A wind had developed just before race start, and made the way back more challenging. The last two kilometres were brutal, but I didn't walk this time, which was a minor victory. I felt more solid this week.

Place 54th of 749
Time: 21:58.7 Chip: 21:53.5 avg. pace 4:24
Men 40 - 49: 10th of 80
Gender 46th of 420

A full minute faster than last week, but still 1:30 slower than my PB. 3 races left, but I'm not sure if the distance on two of them will be accurate.

This was good progress. Next up, Smiths Falls Figure 8 5km, which apparently is short

No comments:

Post a Comment