Thursday 23 June 2011

Crossfit log for Thursday, June 23rd

Up early to bus it to L'Usine Gatineau.

Did "Annie" 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps of
Double-unders (which I can't do)
Sit-ups (which suck)

I had the option of doing singles but 3x the number (so 150 skips, 50 sit-ups, etc) which I did for the first round, but felt guilty, I can manage 2 or 3 Double-unders in a row, so I did that for the 40, 30.. down to 10.

Took me 20:18, last by at least 4 minutes. meh, I'm probably 10 to 15 years older than the next oldest person there, so I'm good with that.

Then, the part I was looking forward to. Find max dead lift. Never done a real dead lift before, tough to get the form right. I tend to round my back, which I guess is fine for the weight I'm lifting, but it is something I have to correct before I can progress.

Started with 2x25lbs plates (1 on each side) on a 35lbs bar (so 85lbs), no problem lifting it but took many tries to get the form right.
Bumped it to 4x25lbs + bar = 135lbs same deal, easy, but form sucked, but started to get it.
Went to 2x35lbs + 2x25lbs + bar = 155lbs. Better form, wider stance, bar under shoulders. No too hard.
Went to 4x35lbs + bar = 175lbs. Not too much trouble, not sure how my form was holding up for this one.
Added a a 10lbs and a 2.5lbs to each side for an even 200lbs, this was a bit tough, but still doable, I think my back was rounding on this one.
Finally took off the 10lbs and 2.5lbs and added a 25lbs to each side for 225lbs. This was tougher, and Reza noticed my rounding back. He said before putting any more weight we need to straighten out you back to keep a neutral spine. I tried it 2 more times, but was a no go, and the last one I managed to get up, but didn't keep my back straight.

I'll drop down to 175lbs or 185lbs to work on the form then give it another go in a few weeks.

My abs hurt.

At lunch I can decide if I'll do 400m repeats outside or 1km repeats on the treadmill. It's raining, but warm. Maybe I'll split the difference and do 1km repeats outside

No comments:

Post a Comment