Friday 1 April 2016

Mobility and strength work for Friday, April 1st

Did a bit of a rush in my mobility work, but worked everything.

Breathing drills with a plate on my chest.  Hands locked out overhead holding a dumbbell.

Did my rotational thoracic spine work, focusing on my left which seems to be not quite as far along as my right.

Then I did some overhead squats. 

Worked up to 155# for a single.  Hit triples at 115# and 135#.

Felt my position was better than before, but overhead stability still needs work.

Baby steps.

After that I tried some overhead lunges with an empty barbell.  That felt pretty good.  Locked out.  May have had to over extend my lumbar a bit. But much better than 16.1.

I even tried a few steps at 95#.  That was heavy.  But much more stable.  I'll have to revisit that workout in the near future.

Progress is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment