Monday 18 April 2016

Crossfit log for Monday, April 18th

I really need to stick to women's Rx. 

Got my ass handed to me again.

Strength was 3 rounds of alternating stuff leg deadlifts, sumo stance, 12 reps vs 8 strict handstand push-ups.  On 1 min rest.

Worked with John who usually sites the 6:30 class, so that was nice.

12 reps is a lot, stuck with 95#. Had to stop the deadlifts about 4 inches from the floor, my lumbar world start to flex otherwise.  I did the straddle position handstand push up variant. 

Part 2 was 3 rounds of 8 clean grip deadlifts vs 10 single arm dumbbell press, each arm. Upped the weight to 185# and used 35# for the presses, focus was on position for me. It was a good weight.
Then the WOD. A chipper
- 30 pull ups
- 40 thrusters, empty bar
- 50 ball slams
- 60 wall balls

Did 21 pull ups unbroken, then 6 and 3.  Then the thrusters smoked me. Ball slams gave me some recovery, but not enough, wall balls.

John who broke the pull ups 12, 10, 2, 2, 2, 2 got to the thruster seconds behind me.  So that was a waste of effort for me.

Finished in 13:30

Dead last, despite coming off the pull ups first. 

I really need to stick to women's Rx.

No comments:

Post a Comment