Tuesday 26 April 2016

Crossfire log for Tuesday, April 26th

Well I guess progress isn't always in the form of faster times or heavier weights.

Today we did Nancy. A WOD that presents a conundrum. Run in lifters or overhead squats in runners.

As a (former) runner, minimalist no less,, I just can't run in lifters. So given the progress I've made in mobility, I figured it was time to try overhead squats in my nanos.

Tried with empty bar, and shockingly, was able to get down. Called out to coach Connor, to check my depth and he said it was good.

Wow. I guess it's a go.

Nancy. 5 round for time:
- 400m run
- 15 overhead squats 95#/65#

I split the difference and did 75#. That's 75 reps!

The run sucked way more than it should have. I really need to start running again.

The OHS, were... fine. Like really fine.

Coach said, and I quote: no questionable reps.

Speechless. Finished in 21:19. Ahead of Kamil and Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment