Wednesday 13 July 2011

Crossfit log for Wednesday July 13th

Practised double-unders today with my brand new skipping rope.

Bounced around like an idiot for 15 to 20 minutes and got a couple of good runs, 5 and 6 in row and managed once to do 8 in a row. Surprisingly exciting accomplishment.

Did some GHD situps and hip extensions. (10 of each)

Then I got on the rower and did 1500m in 6:12. Solid, but exhausting.

I was hoping to get 10 double-under in a row, but I'm happy with 8, if felt really good to string them together like that.

But mostly I feel sore. All the time. It seems like I'm putting my body through the ringer ever other day. But them sometimes I feel strong. I jumped on the rower the other day for 500m and felt awesome, better than I've ever felt, holding pace seem effortless.

My running isn't improving, yet. I need to be more disciplined and do the intervals and not bail and go for a long run, like yesterday.

I'm really looking forward to getting on the bike, maybe in the fall, and see how that feels. Or in the pool, with all this upper body work I hope to see some improvement there too.

Really now I need to be patient and do the work and look for results later, if I look now I'm afraid I'll get discouraged and throw in the towel prematurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment