Tuesday 5 July 2011

Crossfit log for Tuesday, July 5th

Made up my own WOD today.

It was harder than I expected it to be.

I wanted legs and core so I decided to do squats and toe-to-bar. I wasn't sure how many to do, one frequent formula is three rounds of 21-15-9. Then I looked around at some crossfit sites to see what they were doing. www.Crossfit.com main site: rest day (of course), www.CrossFitEndurance.com had: 5 rounds each for time of (3 Front Squats 70% 1RM, 6 Box Jumps 30″/24″, Row 9 cals (I don't know what that is)).

So I thought, 5 rounds for time sounds good but how many???

So then I went to www.CrossfitPei.ca, they were doing (10Min AMRAP - 5 Thruster, 10 Burpees) AMRAP - yuck, burpees - hmmm

I scrolled down and yesterday they had: 5 rounds for time of: 5 Cleans, 10 Box Jumps, 15 Pushups.

Ah ha! I'll do 5 rounds for time of 5 squats (weight to be determined), 10 toe-to-bar and 15 burpees. Sounds great!

I get to the gym and part of my warm up I do some air squats and GHD sit ups and hip extensions and I try a couple of toe-to-bars. Um... yeah... not doing 5 rounds of 10 of those.

So as I start doing squats with just the bar (then adding a little weight to find what I can handle), I'm rethinking my custom WOD.

Final decision: 5 rounds for time of 5 squats (settled on 115lbs), 5 toe-to-bar, and 5 burpees.

I could have done more burpees, but I wanted numbers that were either the same all round, or all incremental. So 5 rounds of 5 each was the formula I chose.

It was very challenging. I did it in 9:15, I'll have to try it again some day to see if I can do it faster. The squats were rough, but the T2B were worse. The burpees just tired me out.

So I'll call it a success!

Yay me!

Oh and I almost forgot to add I did 500m on the rowing machine to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment