Wednesday 6 July 2011

Crossfit log for Wednesday, July 6th

Reza is a sick sick man. He made us run 400m in the warm up holding 2 25lbs dumbbells. It was not fun.

Skills work was Press, Push Press and Thrusters. I have a hard time doing the drills with a broomstick and no weight to counterbalance your moves. It feels very lame, but I guess it's important.

Today's WOD:
run 500m
30 Thrusters (95/65)
run 500m

We practiced our thrusters with gradually increasing weight as part of the warm up and I knew (even before we started) that 30 Thrusters @ 95# wasn't happening.

I tried with 65#, and it felt pretty easy. And I done 65# Thrusters as part of a recent WOD so I knew I could do that, but I wanted to do more, so I tried with 85# and it was tough. I might have been able to pull it off, but decided to hedge my bets and go with 75#. It was a good call. I did Thruster in just over 5 min, doing sets of 5 before dropping the bar. Which means I had to do 4 cleans to get the bar in position, so more work, but it worked out well, the last Thruster almost didn't make it. It wasn't pretty, but I did it.

Not a long or brutal workout (like Monday) but challenging and fun.

Finished in 10:38

No comments:

Post a Comment