Thursday 6 June 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, June 6th

Took yesterday off after massage/acupuncture/electo-muscle-stimulation.

Things are better, but not better enough. The discomfort (I can't really call it pain) and tightness has migrated away from my tailbone area towards my hips but still makes pulling form the ground "un-fun".

I did the front squats max weight for 3 reps and was able to lift 185# 3 times. Wanted to try 195# but didn't want to risk aggravating my glutes.

Of the 4 sets of 8 walking lunches with barbell across traps/shoulders I did only 2 sets @ 115#.

The WOD was a nice one
3 rounds for time
15 toes to bar (or knees to elbows)
10 cleans 115#
15 abmat sit ups
10 box jumps 30"
15 ball slams

We staggered the start due to limited number of boxes and abmats, so I started at the cleans, I still had my lifting belt on from the strength work. That came off for the sit ups, box jumps went really well, ball slams too. Then came the toes to bar. Glutes are just too tight right now, I couldn't even go knees to elbows. Did sit ups instead.

Went back to the bar for the cleans, minus the weight belt and did one. This was the point where I realized that the risk of further injury outweighed the value of the workout. So I ended it there and went to roll my glutes with a lacrosse ball.

Still a fine workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment