Thursday 13 June 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, June 13th

Back squats good. Dead lifts bad.

Confirmed my back squat PR @ 235#, so my glute problem doesn't affect my squat.

Dead lifts are another story. WOD called for fairly heavy dead lifts (225# for Rx, 185# for scaled, 135# novice) I knew there was no way I was doing 185#, tried 135# and even that was too much.

I went with 115# and it was manageable.

So 4 rounds for time
10 dead lifts 115#
6 hand stand push ups
2 rope climbs

14:26. Quite a bit of waiting for the ropes and there were 4 of use using two abmats under our heads for the HSPUs but only two stations available so had to wait there a couple of times too.

Did the rope climbs Rx (to the beam instead of to the red tape) an extra couple of feet of climb. I can reach the tape in two steps, but no matter how high I jumped for the first grip on the rope, or how high I brought my feet for to re-anchor, I was always inches away from touching the beam, had to make a tiny extra step each time. Grrr.


Noon at the Y did max box jump.

40.5"

Also not so good for my back.

But still a PR

No comments:

Post a Comment