Monday 26 September 2011

Crossfit log for Monday, September 26th

First day of "Foundation" classes at Physics Crossfit.

Got my little black log book, to track my progress. Feels like being in school. We'll see how long that lasts

Warmed up on the rower for 400m then walking with a kettle bell in various positions: over head, at shoulder, "suit-case walk" while holding core tight to prevent wobbling and leaning.

Then did the strength portion: Dead lifts 3x 8-10
Settle on 145# did 10-8-7. Form got sloppy on second set, and Isabelle suggested going down to 135# next time, but I think if I focus more I'll be fine. I'll try again at 145# and if my form suffers again, I'll drop to 135#. promise.

The WOD was body weight only:
3 rounds for time of:
30 ring rows
30 push ups
30 double under

Which didn't seem bad, until I noticed the "3" rounds. Ugh. 2 would've been manageable, for 3 rounds of 20 reps would have been nice. But 3 of 30 was brutal.

Yuck. 18:38

Then we did the ab workout.
12 GHD hip extensions,
1 min plank,
20 ab mat sit ups,
20 mountain climbers (of which I did 4)

My whole body is going to be in agony tomorrow (and likely Wednesday).

Stretched the crap out of everything at lunch. Hopefully that will stave off the DOMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment