Friday 21 October 2016

Crossfit log for Friday, October 21st

What a week.

Arms were still sore from Mondays push-ups. Hammies were still tight from Tuesdays today and RDLs, and I didn't get to the gym since.

Finally made it this morning despite the drinks and pub food and the late appointment with the social worker.

After the 5 minute warm-up of burpees and wall balls, the dynamic stretch was okay, but the handstand work was a bit scary the way my stomach felt. But I survived

Part 1 find 1 rep max thruster, 12 minutes

3 minutes rest/out you extra weights away.

3 rounds for time
- 80-60-40 double-unders
- 20-15-10 thrusters 115#/75#

Hit 165# no problem, jumped to 185#. No go. Clean was off and didn't have good position for the push press. Still front racked, tried to square and go again, but no.

Tried again. Better position but still no. With time running out i peeled back to 175#. Couldn't lock it out

Meh.

WOD went well.

For the double-unders, which I've been struggling with I abandoned the numbers, I planned to go to failure 4 times in the first round, 3 in the second and 2 in the last wherever that got me.

First round I got like 19, then 18, not even half way of well. Third attempt I made it to like 67, then made it to 80. Sweet. 

Used women's weight, 75#, did 10 and 10

Round 2 Dane deal. Third attempt took me to 60 double-unders.  Thrusters were 10 and 5.

Round three again, made 40 in two tries.  And 10 unbroken.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment