Sunday 22 May 2016

Crossfire log for Thursday, May 19th

My back was feeling a bit better so I went in to the box with enthusiasm.

I enjoyed the strength and skills work most.
 
Sumo deadlifts 4 sets of 5 vs Handstand Hold/Walk 

Rest 1 min between

I worked up to 275# on the deadlifts and did free standing holds the first two rounds, and tried some  walks the last two.  Got a few steps, but not much.  It was fun, and that was the point.

The we did thruster 3 sets of 4 vs Dumbbell Romanian deadlift 3 sets of 10

For the thrusters I did 135# and the RDL I used the 50# dumbbells the first set, and the 70# dumbbells the last two.  Really felt it in my hammies.

Didn't love the WOD.
Chipper for time:
- 50 Thrusters, empty bar
- 40 Step Down Box Jumps 
- 30 Toes-to-bars 
- 20 Handstand Push-ups

I knew I was scaling the HSPU, so decided to scale as much as I could. Used a 35# women's bar for the thrusters, 20" box and had planned on trying as many HSPU as I could before scaling it somehow.  Hoping for maybe 3 reps.

The first 15 thrusters I felt like I was cheating, or maybe I'd grabbed an even lighter training bar, it felt so light.  By 25 reps I was so glad I wasn't using a men's bar, my shoulders were burning. 

Box jumps were fine, I'd jump down, but not rebound (which is why they specify step down, to avoid achilles injuries people get from rebounding)

T2B were rough, no real viable scaling option, unless you drop the number of reps, didn't want to do that, or do knees to elbows, or knees to chest, didn't want to do that either, so I chipped away at them.

Had nothing left for the HSPU attempts, and everyone else was finished. So I went straight to straddle position "bear" hspu.  even that was rough, but I got it done.  Don't remember my time.  13 minutes and change rings a bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment