Wednesday 17 July 2013

Crossfit log for Wednesday, July 17th

WOD Wednesday.

Ugh.

Yesterday I ran 10 laps of the 160m warm up course around the next building over and that really help my legs, so I did the same this morning, because my quads are still toast. I think I'm going to make a habit of it.

The WOD was a chipper:
10 overhead squats (or front squats)
10 over the box jumps
10 thrusters
10 power cleans
10 knees to elbows
10 burpee pull ups
10 knees to elbows
10 power cleans
10 thrusters
10 over the box jumps
10 overhead squats (or front squats)

The weight of the thrusters was the same as the over head squats, but since I can't really do overhead squats the alternate was front squats, except the weight had to match the heavier power cleans, which meant that I had to change my weight 4 times instead of 2.

I opted for 125# for the front squats and power cleans and 75# for the thrusters, so adding/removing a 25# plates each side.

When I got to the box I realized that with the DOMS in my quads, this was going to be very challenging. It was.

Knees to elbows went really well, focused on the kip and they just happened. Burpees suck no matter what, but thankfully you only did them once.

Took me 18:30. Rough one.

No comments:

Post a Comment